It’s about time I shared another recipe with you all! This one is a double chocolate banana bread that I came across on Facebook, however I have found the original poster here, so make sure you go and check it out!
Ingredients (everything was in cups so I have converted it!):
75g softened butter
75g brown sugar
37.5g white sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 medium bananas (mashed)
59ml sour cream
150g plain flour
75g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
150g milk chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray or grease your loaf tin – we used frylight spray.
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. (Use an electric whisk – you’ll thank yourself later)!
- Whisk in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, gently pressing them in.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. If you under bake this, the centre will sink when it’s cooled.
- Let bread cool completely before cutting and serving.
Let me know if you try making this and how it turns out!
Until next time.