Hey everyone. I don’t know about you, but at this time I just get in the baking mood! Anyone else?
I decided to try a recipe I’ve never tried before and chose to make gingerbread cupcakes!
Here are the ingredients:
- 115g plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsp milk
- 85g butter
- 70g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp black treacle (I used golden syrup)
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 tub buttercream icing (you can make your own but I couldn’t be doing with that!)
- Preheat oven to 160° C and line your cupcake tray with your chosen cases
- Sift the flour, ground ginger and cinnamon together into a bowl
- In another bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda in the milk until it is dissolved
- Using another bowl, place the butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy
- Into the butter mixture, beat in the treacle and mix in the eggs, then the flour mixture, and then the milk mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool and decorate how you wish!